- We must address root-causes to crime, not political solutions, that only address
- SB91 & SB54 are the results, of political expediency and both have significant flaws.
- Rural & Urban Alaska deserve a better model for address public safety issues.
- Mission drift is resulting in higher cost public safety services.
Permanent Fund Dividend
- I want to protect the Permanent Fund in the State Constitution.
- Ensure the Dividend formula puts Alaskans first, protected by a 50/50 share between
the citizen and the state.
State Budget/Size of State Government
- Alaska's State Government is too large, and spending is too high.
- I support an audit of all state spending in every department and program.
- Continued spending growth is alarming while politicians claim reductions.
- Alaska must return to mission-critical and constitutional expenditures only.
- Establish a constitutionally driven spending cap.
Economy & Employment
- Alaska is resource wealthy and our future prosperity will depend on proactive,
respectful, and responsible Resource Development.
- We must aggressively address Alaska's contracting job market and resist the political
desire to raise taxes.
- A strong rural economy will result in a robust Alaskan economy.
- Alaska must create an environment to grow the private economy, not the
government sector and remove high-cost barriers to doing business in Alaska.
- Build stronger partnerships between Alaska Native Corporations and the State of
Alaska for economic diversification.
- We must build infrastructure for economic stimulation and diversification.
Alaska's Strategic Importance
- Alaska is America's first line of defense to threats in the far east.
- Alaska is the reason why America is an Arctic Nation.
- Alaska's resource-based economic capacity is critical to America's independence.
- Alaska's abundant fish, wildlife, wilderness, and ocean resources are globally
significant and must be conserved.
- The productivity of Alaska's resources is at an all-time low for wildlife, fish, timber,
oil, and gas. Significant management changes are necessary.